I teach operations management to undergraduates, MBA students, and executives. The primary topics I cover are:
- Business models and operations management
- Process analysis: making processes more efficient and responsive
- Managing risk in processes with capacity and inventory
- Process improvement: the systematic reduction of process risk
The syllabus for the MBA course, which is representative, can be found here.
- M.A. Anderson, E.G. Anderson Jr., and G.G. Parker, Operations Management for Dummies.
- Thomas Pyzdek and Paul Keller, The Six Sigma Handbook.
- Michael George, John Maxey, et al., The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook
Process analysis questions
- Vending machine example