See the new article by Prof. Anderson: Aspiring to Lead in Health Care Innovation: Health Care Initiative’s Director on Cutting Edge Work (McCombs Today).
Edward Anderson is Mr. & Mrs. William F. Wright, Jr. Centennial Professor for Innovative Technology at the University of Texas McCombs School of Business and is the Director of the Healthcare@McCombs (formerly the McCombs Healthcare Initiative), which is a research center specializing in innovation in healthcare delivery. He is an acknowledged expert in the dynamics of complex systems in organizational contexts.
Dr. Anderson is the author or co-author of:
The Innovation Butterfly: Managing Emergent Opportunities and Disruptions Under Distributed Innovation, which describes leadership metrics, planning, and organization in the complex adaptive system that is innovation management;
Operations Management for Dummies, a primer on operations management for BBA and MBA students as well as business professionals;
30+ research articles.
- Healthcare delivery systems, information, and process improvement;
- Platform industries, such as smartphones, electronic health records, and videogame consoles;
- Management of distributed innovation, including outsourcing and offshoring, across the supply chain;
- Project management, including agile project management;
- Behavior of technical teams (a.k.a. team science);
- Computer simulation, including system dynamics and agent-based model computer simulation.
- B.A.S. (Majors: Electrical Engineering, History), Stanford University, 1988
- Ph.D. (Management Science, Computer Simulation), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1997
Recent Articles in the Press
- 5 ways to turn your business plan into a revenue-generating company (Built in Austin)
- Aspiring to Lead in Health Care Innovation: Health Care Initiative’s Director on Cutting Edge Work (McCombs Today).
Edward G. Anderson Jr., Ph.D.
Wright Centennial Professor for Management of Innovative Technologies
Director, Healthcare@McCombs (McCombs Healthcare Innovation Center)
Information, Risk, & Operations Management Dept.,
University of Texas McCombs School of Business
B6500, CBA 5.202, 2110 Speedway Avenue, Austin, TX 78712
Ph: 512 471 6394
Edward "dot" Anderson "at" mccombs "dot" utexas "dot" edu