Edward Anderson is Professor of Information, Risk, & Operations Management at the University of Texas McCombs School of Business and is the Director of the McCombs Healthcare Initiative, which is a research center specializing in innovation in healthcare delivery. He is an acknowledged expert in the dynamics of complex systems in organizational contexts.
Dr. Anderson is the author or co-author of:
- The Innovation Butterfly: Managing Emergent Opportunities and Disruptions Under Distributed Innovation, which describes leadership metrics, planning, and organization in the complex adaptive system that is innovation management;
- Operations Management for Dummies, a primer on operations management for BBA and MBA students as well as business professionals;
- 30+ research articles.
His primary research interests include:
- Management of distributed innovation, including outsourcing and offshoring, across the supply chain;
- Knowledge management and the dynamics of process improvement;
- Healthcare delivery;
- Platform industries, such as smartphones and videogame consoles;
- Computer simulation, including system dynamics and agent-based model computer simulation.
Edward G. Anderson Jr., Ph.D.
University of Texas McCombs School of Business
B6500, CBA 5.202, 2110 Speedway Avenue, Austin, TX 78712
Ph: 512 471 6394
Edward "dot" Anderson "at" mccombs "dot" utexas "dot" edu